Astym® Therapy Certification
Astym treatment sets the standard for soft tissue therapy, and is the only regenerative medicine treatment in therapy. Once you become certified, you will be able to use the credentials Astym Cert, one of the most recognizable designations by referral sources, patients, and athletes.
Astym therapy is provided only by medical professionals, such as PTs, OTs, PTAs, COTAs, ATCs, DCs, DOs, or MDs. Other professionals and military should contact the office for inquiries about certification eligibility.
Two Certification Course Formats Available
Three Day Live Instruction:
Live Instruction occurs over three days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) with less time spent on online materials prior to the live session. This format is ideal for clinicians who prefer more live instruction. Approved by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (ProCert) for 26 Continuing Competency Units (CCUs), containing 30.75 Contact Hours.
Two Day Live Instruction:
All live instruction occurs on the weekend (Saturday and Sunday), with increased online course instruction to be completed prior to the live session. This course is ideal for clinicians trying to minimize their time out of clinic, or who prefer the convenience of more digital education. Approved by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (ProCert) for 24 Continuing Competency Units (CCUs), containing 29.25 Contact Hours.
Research, Science, Application Principles & Protocols
- Interpret peer-reviewed literature and understand its practical application
- Apply scientific and physiological principles for musculoskeletal injuries
- Discuss regenerative medicine in rehabilitation
- Comprehend advanced knowledge of anatomy and biomechanics
- Understand the physiology behind Astym therapy
- Explain kinetic chain biomechanics and fibrosis patterns
- Identify indications, precautions, and contraindications
- Demonstrate safe and effective protocols for multiple populations
- Complete skill checks, testing and lab assessments
- Differentiate Astym therapy from IASTM/tooled cross friction
Contact Us to inquire about upcoming courses.
|Dec 13 - 15||Plainfield, IN (Indianapolis area)||Three Day Live Instruction||Open|
|Dec 14 - 15||Snoqualmie, WA (Seattle area)||Two Day Live Instruction||Open|
|Jan 11 - 12||Lenexa, KS (RESERVED) Kansas City area||Two Day Live Instruction||Full-Waitlist Me|
|Jan 18 - 19||Orland Park, IL (Chicago area)||Two Day Live Instruction||Open|
|Jan 25 - 26||Lexington, KY (RESERVED-C)||Two Day Live Instruction||Full-Waitlist Me|
|Feb 21 - 23||Plainfield, IN (Indianapolis area)||Three Day Live Instruction||Open|
|Mar 21 - 22||Snoqualmie, WA (Seattle area)||Two Day Live Instruction||Open|
|Apr 17 - 19||Plainfield, IN (Indianapolis area)||Three Day Live Instruction||Open|
|Apr 25 - 26||North Providence, RI (RESERVED-C)||Two Day Live Instruction||Full-Waitlist Me|